- 2 large zucchinis, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jar vodka sauce (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 package lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Fresh chopped basil (I used a lot)
- Fresh chopped dill
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, divided in half for each layer
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided in half for each layer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop zucchinis and lay them flat on a tray lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray, season with salt/pepper and throw them into the oven (just to cook a little)
- In a large skillet sauté chopped onion and garlic until transparent and move to the outer edge of the skillet
- Add 1 package of lean ground beef to the middle and sauté until brown
- Add in vodka sauce and sauté until most of the liquid is absorbed (took mine about 20-30 minutes) and sauce is nice and thick (like Ivan’s back) at this point I added my fresh chopped herbs for flavor
- Remove the zucchinis and lay on paper towel to remove most of the moisture, pat dry
- In a large 9×12 baking tray spray bottom with cooking spray
- Layer the bottom of the tray with your first layer of zucchini, I overlapped mine and made sure to use only half my zucchini
- Now add your first layer of meat sauce, remember to use only half!
- Sprinkle half of your mozzarella cheese and parmesan
- And now you can start your second layer of the lasagna, add your layer of zucchini
- Then add your remaining meat sauce on top!
- Then sprinkle the other half of your mozzarella cheese and parmesan
- Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes, remove cover and bake for another 20 minutes
- Let the lasagna sit for at least 5 minutes! And serve!