These little baked potatoes are just bursting with flavor. They have salty skins and crispy edges. Topped with a little bit of parmesan cheese and fresh rosemary. They are to die for!
They are a great healthy carb to add to your meals.
- 2 lbs. small baby potatoes
- 2 tsp salt for water
- Olive oil or coconut oil to drizzle
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet and set aside.
- Boil a pot of water and add 2 tsp of salt. Once the water is boiling, carefully add in the potatoes then reduce heat to a low boil. Cook until they are tender and you can pierce easily with a fork. I boil them for approx. 20 minutes.
- Space the potatoes evenly on the lined baking sheet. With a potato masher or the bottom of a drinking glass, smash the potatoes to about 1/2” thickness. Smash gently so that the potatoes do not break apart!
- LIGHTLY drizzle the tops of the potatoes with either olive oil or coconut oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes. Remove and carefully flip potatoes over with a spatula, LIGHTLY drizzle the second side and season with more salt and pepper. Bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- With a few minutes to spare before you hit your 12-15 minute mark take out potatoes and sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese and fresh rosemary on top.
- ENJOY! We had our smashed potatoes with a nice fresh salad topped with goat cheese and meatballs.