- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup green pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup yellow onion measured after chopping
- 2 cups baby spinach – roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
- 1 cup mushrooms measured before chopping
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- Hot sauce optional for drizzling on top!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard nonstick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
- Sauté 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes
- In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic. Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together. Stir in cooked veggies.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days
Nutritional Facts (one muffin)- Calories: 48 Fats-2.7g Carbs-2.7g Protein-3.7g