Breakfast egg muffins are just a great addition to your morning breakfast ritual if you are crunched on time in the morning. These healthy egg muffins are super quick and easy, packed with lean protein and complex carbs. They are easy to store in the fridge so you can grab them and go. These muffins also can be frozen.
You can add to these muffins what you have on hand. Just make healthy choices!
How to make Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray. You may line tin with muffin liners or use a silicone muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk your eggs and or egg whites.
- This is where it gets interesting. Add what you have on hand! I added cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stirred to combine. I also added left over broccoli, quinoa, parsley and green onions!
- Fill the muffin tins with egg mixture 3/4 full! Sprinkle with extra mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes and broil until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes.
You can serve them hot or cold!
If you feel like you just don’t have enough time in the morning for breakfast this is such a great option. They are like mini balanced breakfast meals. Just make sure you have your protein, complex carbs, and your greens! And you are ready to tackle your day.
Remember breakfast is so important to your fitness goals. Don’t skip out on breakfast! Just pop these muffins in the microwave or enjoy them cold.